Adamawa State Polytechnic, Yola was Established by Edict No.8 of 1996 to provide: full time and part-time courses of instructions and training in Technology, the sciences, humanities, commerce and such other fields of learning relevant to the need of community; courses of in-service training, workshop and seminars to the public and private sectors; teaching, research and other means of development of knowledge and its practical application to the needs of the community and to award Diplomas and certificates in the fields of learning.
We invite applications from suitable candidates to fill the following positions below:
1.) Director of Works
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Director of Works
Location: Yola, Adamawa
- The Director of works is a principal officer responsible to the Rector for the overall control of the Works and Maintenance Department.
- The candidate formulates strategic institutional goals, preparing budget and keeps inventory, responsibility for maintenance and security of vehicles.
- The candidates advices the Rector on acquisition, operation and maintenance of all polytechnic assets.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical), Architecture or Building with at least 30 years post qualification experience.
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in Engineering, Architecture and Building with at least 18 years cognate experience.
- Candidates must be a member of a registered professional body such as COREN, ARCON, NSE or CORBAN.
- Candidates must have been a Deputy Director of Engineering / Architecture / Building for at least 3 years of satisfactory service on that grade.
- Candidates must show evidence of technical ability in handling works and maintenance schedules and must not be more than 61 years of age at the time of assumption of duty.
Terms and Conditions of Appointment
- The tenure of the appointment will be four years (4) on Salary Grade Level CONTEDISS 15
Application Closing Date
10th September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit fifteen (15) copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae (CV) in the following format:
- Full Names with surname underlined;
- Post applied for;
- Date and place of birth;
- State of Origin / Local Government Area;
- Number(s) and Age(s) of children;
- Current postal address including telephone number(s) and e-mail address;
- Permanent home address (No. P.O.Box or P.M.B);
- Academic / Professional qualifications obtained with dates;
- Educational Institutions attended with dates;
- Previous employments and posts held with date;
- Present appointment with date and salary;
- Community service;
- Awards, Honours and Commendations (if any);
- Extra curriculum activities;
- Membership of Professional Bodies / Associations;
- List of Publications;
- Names and address of three (3) Referees.
Applications with Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of all relevant credentials in sealed envelopes with the position applied for marked at the top-left corner of the envelope should be submitted by hand or post to:
Adamawa State Polytechnic, Yola,
P.M.B. 2146 – Yola,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated.
Leave a Reply