The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) (formerly National Action Committee on AIDS) was established in February 2000 to coordinate the various activities of HIV/AIDS in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Management Officer
- The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) is responsible for the coordination of Nigeria’s response to HIV/AIDS. In this capacity NACA performs overall oversight of all stakeholders and their programmes. In addition, NACA mobilizes resources (domestic and external), and provides policy and strategic direction for the national response. NACA has been a Principal Recipient for the Global Fund for HIV since inception of the Global Fund grant in Nigeria. Over the years, the Agency’s capacity (human and institutional) has been strengthened through grant support and implementation experience.
- NACA has a dedicated Project Management Unit (PMU) that manages all GF grants for the agency. This team is comprised of public health experts, medical professionals, finance experts, communications experts, and administrative managers. As the NACA GF grant portfolio widens there is need to strengthen the PMU to meet the demands of managing the grant and achieve expected results. It is in the light of this that NACA is seeking to hire suitable and qualified persons to fill some existing vacancies within the PMU.
- Responsible for coordination of supply chain related activities including national technical meetings, processing of IDEC waivers, quantification and ordering of health commodities on the WAMBO platform and other relevant platforms and monitoring their movement up to delivery at the facilities.
- Responsible for timely preparation of statutory grant reports to TGF and CCM. Provides technical leadership to the PSCM unit and advises management on PSCM related issues.
- He/she will report directly to the NACA GF PMU Coordinator.
- Coordinates and places orders for commodities using the Global Fund Wambo platform or other approved Procurement platforms.
- Liaises with teams from GF Pooled Procurement Mechanism, other procurement platforms, relevant Federal Ministries, National Agencies, clearing agents and transporters/3PLs to ensure timely supply and delivery of HIV and COVID-19 commodities.
- Set appropriate controls for proper tracking of storage, transport and handling of all grant commodities to service delivery points.
- Monitors third party logistics providers’ performance with respect to the quality and timely delivery of goods and services.
- Advise the NACA GF PMU Coordinator on the most cost-efficient organization of health commodities (i.e., medicines, laboratory reagents and other medical supplies and consumables) procurement and distribution and ensure accountability of processes and all grant commodities.
- Undertakes appropriate verification and reconciliation of goods/services and preparation of payment certificates for goods, supplies and services.
- Track and Monitor the Country Application of Waivers and liaise with GF partners in early submission of Health Product.
- Monitor tracks and reconciles in-country stocks, distribution and utilization of HIV and COVID-19 commodities, including for community-based activities, and provides regular reports to program and other stakeholders
- Provide support towards national health supply chain strengthening efforts undertaken by the FMoH..
- Support the National Quantification team in ensuring adequate forecasts and supply plans are prepared and updated timely to inform procurement decisions
- Liaise with Federal Ministry of Health and Implementing Partners in ensuring harmonize Post Market Validation of Test Kits in country.
- Perform any other duties as may be requested by the NACA GF PMU Coordinator.
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Physiology, Laboratory Technology or related field. A postgraduate qualification is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 Years’ experience in Supply chain and Health product Management in Nigeria. Prior procurement and supply chain experience in the frame work of Global Fund grants a further asset.
- Full membership of Public Procurement professional bodies is an added advantage.
- Certification on Bureau of Public Procurement Trainings.
- Experience and certification in Logistics Management of Health Products.
- Proven experience in managing service contracts, supply of health Products.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Experience working with NACA or similar Government MDA is considered an advantage.
- Computer literate in the use of basic standard software such as Microsoft Office.
Application Closing Date
17th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Individuals blacklisted from implementing Global Fund grants are not eligible to apply for the advertised position.
Leave a Reply