Stop TB Partnership Nigeria is a multi-stakeholder partnership dedicated to complement the efforts of the government and other stakeholders to end the tuberculosis (TB) epidemic in Nigeria. It fulfils its mandate by advocating for increased political commitment, support and resources that such a significant challenge deserves. Its membership comprises of government, multilateral and bilateral organizations, development partners, private sector, academia, professional associations, civil society organisations, media and persons affected by TB. The National Secretariat is located in Abuja and it is responsible for managing day-to-day activities and implementing programs of the Partnership.
As part of efforts to improve its performance and effectiveness, the Partnership is seeking applications from qualified persons at the National Secretariat for the position of:
Job Title: Resource Mobilization Officer
- Domestic Resource Mobilization for Tuberculosis is one of the major focus areas of the Partnership. The Resource Mobilization Officer will be responsible for oversight and coordination of resource mobilization and fundraising activities including proposal writing.
- He/She must be proactive in identifying new and non-traditional sources of funding from a range of institutional donors and work to leverage the Partnership funding prospects.
- He/She must have experience in advocacy, fund raising and domestic resource mobilization for health and development.
- He/She must have good inter-personal skills and experience working with different sectors, including tiers and branches of government.
- Support the Partnership in the development and implementation of the Resource Mobilization and Fundraising Plan and Strategy;
- Conduct mapping of donors, institutional actors and allies, particularly from the private sector;
- Write effective fundraising applications, concept notes and proposals;
- Work with other staff to compile the information required for developing proposals and preparing donor reports;
- Explore funding sources and strategic partnership opportunities;
- Establish and broaden relations with the potential and existing donors including by organizing meetings and networking activities;
- Develop donor briefs, background papers for different fundraising and resource mobilization activities;
- Plan and organize advocacy visits by the partnership to donor agencies, private sector collaborators, government and media organizations for resource mobilization and or TB awareness creation.
- Conduct regular review of Resource Mobilization and Fundraising Plan and Strategy against the set targets and indicators;
- Perform any other tasks necessary for effective functioning of the Secretariat and the Partnership as assigned by the Executive Secretary;
- Reports to the Executive Secretary.
- First degree or HND in Social Science, Communication, Social Marketing, Economics, Law, Political Science or International Relations, and other related fields with at least 5 years work experience.
- Postgraduate and/or professional qualifications in relevant fields will be an added advantage.
Other Competencies Required:
- Computer Literate
- Teamwork and Result Oriented
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good Communication and Inter-personal relationship
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Applicants must not be older than 40 years as at the last birthday.
- The National Secretariat is based in Abuja and all staff will be required to work from this location.
Application Closing Date
Monday, 31st August, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a one-page letter of Application and Resume / Curriculum Vitae to: jobs@StopTBNigeria.org using “Surname, Middle Name and First Name, Position being applied for e.g. Nnamdi Oluwabunmi Shehu – Resource Mobilization Officer” as the subject of the email.
- Any application submitted after the deadline will be automatically disqualified.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for subsequent screening process.
Leave a Reply