Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Design and Adaptation Lead
Job Code: sfh-05833
Location: Abuja HQ
Job type: Full-time
Duration of Contract: Fixed Term Hire
About Adolescents 360 Amplify Project (A360-A)
- The project aims to build on the innovative approaches of the Adolescents 360 in designing programs to improve the sexual and reproductive health of adolescent girls aged 15 – 19, primarily through increasing voluntary use of modern contraceptives in three (3) African countries.
- The purpose of Adolescents 360 Amplify is to build on the successes of Adolescents 360 used to break down barriers to adolescent access and use of contraception while increasing the voluntary use of modern contraceptives among adolescent girls aged 15 -19 years in 10 Nigerian states.
- The project intends to use a replicable Human-Centered Design (HCD), Youth Engagement fused with Developmental Neuroscience and Anthropology that allows us to understand how the interplay of adolescent development (biological, cognitive, social, emotional, and sexual), culture and sexual norms affects Adolescents Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH) behavior.
- This position will be responsible for coordinating adaptation phase design, ensuring a balanced presence of A360 disciplinary lenses and design rigor.
- They will also partner with the M&E and Learning Advisor to ensure evidence generation in line with agreed-upon thresholds of evidence and benchmarks of success.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Review the A360 program strategy and identify areas of adaptations
- Coordinate adaptation phase design, ensuring a balanced presence of A360 disciplinary lenses and design rigor.
- Support the state teams in the design and adaptations of the components of the program strategy to ensure vertical integration
- Partner with the M&E and Learning Advisor to ensure evidence generation in line with agreed-upon thresholds of evidence and benchmarks of success.
- Execute structured capture of insights, insight synthesis, and resulting design decisions leading to the development of prototypes within the project, using tools co-developed by the technical learning team.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a Masters’ degree in a relevant field such as Business Administration, Public Administration, International Development, Political Science, Communications, International Relations, Social Sciences.
- Must possess a minimum of 7 years post-NYSC experience in Design Adaptations
Skills and Competency required:
- Ability to solve design challenges quickly and creatively, with a high attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience using Human-Centered Design (HCD) to address various programmatic challenges
- Advanced knowledge and skill with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Creative thinking and Problem-solving Skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written), and presentation skills.
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
Application Closing Date
28th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Leave a Reply