A reputable College in Garki area of Abuja is recruiting qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Teacher
Location: Garki, Abuja
We require teachers in the following subject areas:
- Basic Science
- Basic Technology
- Physical & Health Education
- Home Economics
- Christian Religious Studies
- Social Studies
- Security Education
- Fine Arts
- Business Education/Studies
- Maintain classroom records, cleanliness and orderliness
- Prepare coursework, tests and examinations for classes
- Teach both physically and virtually
- Hold one-on-one sessions with students to keep them on track as necessary.
- Meet with parents or guardians to discuss students’ academic progress, remedial issues and behavior problems when necessary.
- Ensure a safe learning environment in the classroom.
- Enhance learning abilities, healthy habits and morals in children.
- Plan, develop and implement appropriate curriculum.
- On top of this you will also have to arrange any extra curricular activities and set targets for your students.
- Must be resident within Garki axis
- The candidate should be well-grounded in classroom management and school procedures.
- Applicants must have NCE, a minimum of Second Class Lower B.Ed, or B.Sc. with PGDE and at least 2 years experience teaching in a Secondary school
- Ability to use Smart boards and 21st Century teaching methods
- Communication Skills: You must be able to speak clearly to students, other teachers, parents and administration officials.
- Instruction Skills: You will have to explain new ideas and unfamiliar concepts with authority and in a clear and concise way so that students can understand. You must work to keep the students’ attention
- Writing Skills: Teachers write progress reports, notes. Writing skills are critical.
- Patience: The students you work with will have different backgrounds and abilities. Patience will help teachers deal with students who act out or have trouble following the material.
- Creativity: Teachers have to find ways to involve students into their lessons. Additionally, teachers may have to work with different learning styles to get the most out of each student.
- People Skills: Engaging parents and creating healthy relationships with students and faculty will help create a quality learning environment.
- Computer and Internet literacy.
Application Closing Date
26th August, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified teachers should send in their CV with an Application Letter on the body of the email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject of the email should be subject you are applying for
Leave a Reply