Green Habitat Initiative (GHI) is a non-profit non-governmental organization promoting the achievement of SDG 6 (clean water) and SDG 11 (sustainable cities and communities) in Nigeria. Incorporated in 2016 in Nigeria, GHI has worked in various sectors such as environmental sustainability, urban planning, sustainable urban development, urban agriculture, social urban innovations, architecture, WASH, solid waste management, recycling activities, environmental activism, etc.
GHI has worked with various local and international partners such as VINNOVA Group Sweden, French Institute Nigeria, Energies 2050, Embassies of Germany, France and Czech, The Water Mechanics, Baze University, One Environment, Stop Don’t Drop, etc. to deliver its projects.
We are recruiting qualified Nigerian candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party / Senior WASH Advisor
Locations: Abuja (Head office), Kebbi, Sokoto and Niger
Duration: 2 years
Reports to: COP
Travel: 75% (to Kebbi, Sokoto and Niger States)
About the Project
- GHI is working towards implementing The Project for Improved Sustainability of Integrated WASH Services (I-WASH) project in 4 states; Kebbi, Niger, Sokoto and the FCT in collaboration with USAID.
- The project components involves integrating WASH-WRM and watershed studies for the associated catchments in the region. The activities will include provision of integrated WASH facilities, watershed studies of the river basins associated with the 4 states, remote monitoring of the WASH facilities and community advocacy. Expected start date is January 2021 and for a period of 2 years.
- The Deputy Chief of Party oversees the operation and programmatic aspects of the WRM-WASH activity.
- The expected qualifications for the DCOP candidate will include a Master’s degree in Water Resources Management, Water Engineering, International Development, Environment or related field of study.
- S/he must have 5 years professional experience in Nigeria, in WASH implementation and in managing or implementing development programs.
- S/he will have excellent management skills and good knowledge of USG procedures and policies, agreement compliance, financial planning and management, procurement, sub award management, and other management support areas/functions, including the ability to manage multidisciplinary teams.
- Familiarity with the political, economic, social, and cultural context of Nigeria is required.
- S/He must have strong understanding of WASH governance structures.
- S/he must have solid foundation in a broad range of WASH subjects preferred, including areas such as innovative sanitation, Water Resources Management, Sanitation marketing, water for the poor, tariff and cost recovery, hygiene promotion, operation and maintenance, institutional strengthening and sector reform.
- S/he must have experience in designing or managing small town or village level water systems.
- S/he must have excellent communication and writing skills.
- S/he must be fluent in English language with a working knowledge of the local language, of the proposed project location.
Application Closing Date
27th September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send in their application documents to: email@example.com using “Deputy Chief of Party / Senior WASH Advisor” as the subject of the email.
- CV (maximum 3 pages). Must include 2 references from current and previous employers. CVs must be result oriented and not task oriented.
- A one page cover letter explaining your interest in participating in the project and why you are the best person for the role.
- These position is contigent upon grant award.
- We will recruit once we find the right candidate, so we strongly advise you to submit your applications as soon as possible.
- Female applicants are strongly encouraged
Leave a Reply