The Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) was established through an Act of the Parliament in 1960 to complement public authorities in humanitarian interventions with the mandate to prevent and alleviate human suffering at times of peace or conflict, and to support individuals and communities to respond effectively to emergencies, without any form of discrimination as to class, gender, race, political opinions or religion.
We are recruitign to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Sardauna LGAs Taraba State
Reports to: Project Officer
Duration: 3months Extendable
- Since the conflict in southern Cameroon began in October 2016, displaced persons cross the border into neighboring Nigeria in search of safety, stability and a better life. As of 31 October 2019, there are more than 46,000 Cameroonian refugees registered in Cross River, Benue, Taraba, and Akwa Ibom States in the south-eastern region of Nigeria.
- With support from UNHCR, Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) is implementing the project seeks to strengthen access and delivery of quality healthcare and nutrition services to 6000 Cameroon refugees and host communities in Taraba state of Nigeria.
- NRCS focus on strengthening the health care systems in refugees host communities in Takum and Sardauna LGAs of Taraba State through support to free delivery of healthcare to pregnant women, children under 5 years of age, the elderly (above 60years of age) and most vulnerable including but not limited to the disable and mentally ill. The project also support medical outreach and referral linkages of affected population to national free priority health interventions including but not limited to immunization, HIV care, and sexual and reproductive health in order to improve health outcomes.
- Under the supervision of the Team Leader, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer shall be responsible for the overall collection, summarizing, compiling, dissemination, storing and timely reporting of all forms data generated from the Project with a key focus on submission of timely, qualitative and quantitative reports to the Program Management Team, donors and relevant stakeholders. Specifically, the M&E Officer will be in charge of managing project data.
- Program design and implementation
- Participate actively in the implementation of M&E processes by providing technical support and checking quality.
- Harness, adapt and roll out tools and technological innovations for collecting and analyzing data with an aim of improving the project
- Participate in developing an M&E Plan, M&E work plan and indicator tracking matrix, in line with the project’s thematic standards and practice.
- Generate program monitoring, reporting and information management plans, Pioneer the development, review and utilization of data collection, monitoring and reporting tools.
- Participate actively in the enforcement of Quality Assurance (QA), Quality Control (QC) and Quality Improvement (QI) measures for all field program interventions
- Support fellow team members in capturing and documenting best practices and success stories for learning, reference and dissemination
- Generate programme information and dash boards for tracking and depicting progress on programmes and strategy implementation against targets and key milestones
- Initiate data analysis and action planning meeting with program teams to review data trends and overall project performance
- Maintain a tracker of key action points agreed at review meetings and disseminate progress of implementation
- Work with the field teams to ensure that program indicators are tracked through regular field visits
- Review all reports to ensure that data provided is reliable and accurate and that target indicators are met and explanations provided where indicators are not met;
- Program monitoring, reporting and evaluation
- Ensure accurate and timely collection of program data from the field
- Participate in planed surveys, either internally or externally (through consultants) to promote own capacity building and enhance the quality of the survey reports generated
- Provide quality assurance, including data verification, on all reports and information produced by the project by editing and consolidating all reports
- Synthesize and summarize trends in program monitoring data including those generated from evaluations across programming pillars that can be used to inform programming.
- Participate in writing monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Support the development and strengthening of a referral system and coordination mechanisms
- Keep a schedule of internal and donor reporting and ensure teams adhere to the timelines and reporting templates
- Support evidence-based learning across NRCS – Nigeria through maintaining an up-to-date record of planned and on-going operations/action research, facilitating learning and reflections and ensuring documentation and dissemination.
- Represent NRCS at the field inter-agency M&E coordination forums.
- A minimum of a Bachelor degree in Social Science, Statistics or Population Studies
- A minimum of 3 years‟ experience in a similar position involving data collection, documentation and reporting.
- Demonstrable experience in producing good quality documents for different audiences and managing GBV& CP information management systems.
- Ability to collect, analyze and produce good quality data and information
- Proven skills in data management with concrete knowledge of open source tools such as ODK collect, KoBo Toolbox.
- Computer literacy with possible advanced Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms PowerPoint and Ms access
- Knowledge in computer statistical packages (EPI INFO, SPSS and Stata)
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building and mentoring of staff
- Knowledge, skills and experience in participatory survey/research methods
- Experience in use of data to inform decision-making, planning, and performance monitoring
- Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation skills.
- Strong management skills (Managing, motivating and developing staff)
- Ready to work in difficult environmental conditions
- Must be flexible and culturally sensitive.
Application Closing Date
16th October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com with the Position applied for as the subject of the mail and candidates full name as the title of attachment.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Leave a Reply