Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional People and Culture Specialist
Locations: West and Central Africa with flexibility about the location (Benin, Burkina-Faso, Cameroun, Central Africa Republic, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Senegal, Togo)
Type of Role: 2 years fixed-term local contract with no expatriations package
Reports to: Regional HR&OD Business Partner
- Plan International is an independent child rights and humanitarian organisation committed to children living a life free of poverty, violence and injustice.
- We actively unite children, communities and other people who share our mission to make positive lasting changes in children’s and young people’s lives. We support children to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights to a fulfilling life, today and in the future. We place a specific focus on girls and women, who are most often left behind.
- We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
- The role of the Regional People and Culture Specialist is to provide core support in the region to manage key people risk elements, meet core CoC standards and embed a values based culture in enabling optimal workplace safeguarding and performance excellence in the areas of workforce planning talent acquisition In line with our ambition of a diverse and high performing workforce within the region.
- Working with the Regional Human Resources Business Partner (Regional HRBP) and regional leadership, the role will contribute to delivering appropriate people solutions in line with global HROD standards and strategies, including case management and follow-through on workplace safeguarding in the region, policy development, review and implementation processes and utilization of the HRIS to deliver optimal HR metrics for the region.
- The role will provide HR capacity to countries as needed and support CO capacity building in the People and Culture function with relation to these key areas.
Dimensions of the Role:
- Support the improved cohesion in the adoption of global HR policies by countries as well as in the development, review and adoption of relevant people policies that bring gender equality and inclusion to life, across the region.
- Support management of workplace safeguarding and CoC cases as needed in the region.
- Responsible for improving the utilisation of HRIS in the region leading to useful HR metrics that support decision making in the region.
- Support HR capacity building at CO level.
- Improve support in Emergency HR support in the region and can be deployed to countries when needed.
Ensure that all human resources policies, procedures and practice in the region are gender
transformative and responsive of local needs while reaching the ambitions of Plan global
- Coordinate the regional effort towards gender transformative policies for Plan International staff in the region working with the countries to establish their needs and the Regional HRBP to develop relevant policies that are in line with global Plan International standards.
- Champion the development and adoption of regional HR&OD policies and procedures Manual Template that brings Plan International HR global policies together for smooth adoption and customization by countries.
- Work with countries to cascade and socialise new global policies affecting both international and national staff teams.
- Ensure continuous improvement on delivery of HR services are achieved carrying out regular audits to ensure compliance.
Key contact for workplace safeguarding for the region with regards to ensuring CoC standards
are followed as relates to employee behaviour:
- Support countries in the region on case management including advisory on investigations and any ensuing actions with regards to employee relations, CoC and workplace safeguarding; offering technical support as needed.
- Compiles on-going progress on open cases for monthly global reporting. Provide support for the regional hub Human Resources Operational excellence
Provides regional hub HR services liaison for all staff with the Plan Senegal HR team under the shared services offering to ensure optimal on-boarding and exit support is availed.
- Acts as focal point coordinator on specific initiatives for the regional hub with regards to team-building, employee engagement, gender equality and inclusion, and child safeguarding in collaboration with the Plan Senegal HR team in line with shared services offering.
- Acts as a deployable resource to countries as needed for the function on Human Resource Management as well as providing support to global team as needed on emergency HR for the region.
- Demonstrate oneHR attitude by coaching and mentoring the Country HR team to ensure excellent practices are established and maintained
Provide administrative support to regional recruitments when needed Provide support for the utilisation of the HRIS in the region that enable optimal HR Metrics and efficiencies in people management processes:
- Support the full utilisation of HRIS across the region and produce regional HR analytics requirements in order to inform on HR performance metrics – operationally and strategically driven.
- Maintains optimal levels of capacity for HRIS usage across the region and lead in ensuring the HRIS administrators in COs and Regional Subject matter Experts have access and are well trained in key tasks of:
- Organization structure management
- Employee data capture
- Works with global project leads and country IT managers to ensure availability of training resources and easy access and supports the CHRMs in ensuring smooth rollout of new HRIS and modules.
- Troubleshoots on-going system problems and technical issues, links teams to the appropriate support team and follows up to ensure solution is reached.
- Support the analysis of the regional HR KPIs and follow-through support to countries on emerging issues.
- Provide custom reports from the region that may be requested from time to time for global HR Operation’s needs.
Support countries in workforce planning to ensure countries have the needed workforce to realise the country strategies and related programming in the areas of talent acquisition and a diverse workforce
- Support the roll-out of workforce planning as part of the Programme Effectiveness agenda
- Support the systematic and timely HR resource planning for programme and emergency response work in the region.
- Provide support to the region in ensuring that HR needs (supply and demand) are identified and discussed as part of business.
- Assist managers to define jobs that are realistic and aligned with strategic programme (Job Descriptions).
- Support the recruitment and selection of high-quality staff in the region for both development and emergency responses.
Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Regional Director and Sub Regional Directors
- The senior management team and staff within the Regional Hub.
- The Country Directors and CHRMs and teams in the Country Offices.
- The HR Operations teams at Global Hub (GH).
- The Global Gender, Diversity and Inclusion Specialist
- Human Resource Managers from peer organizations for benchmarking and mutual learning.
- Legal advisors
Educational Qualification and Experience.
- A minimum of University degree in Human Resources, Management, Psychology, Business Management and Administration, Organization Development or other related fields.
- Master’s degree in the same field is desirable.
- Three years proven and relevant work experience for Master’s degree holders or Five years’ experience for Bachelor holders, out of which five years are in a senior position for a role with regional level remit or responsibilities that span across more than country.
- Demonstrable experience of labour relations and workplace safeguarding as well as general HR policy development.
- Experience of working with a global HRIS system and able to identify and communicate key HUMAN RESOURCE analytical data
- Solid background in Human Resources Management/Senior HRBP role in culturally diverse contexts, preferably experience in working for an international organisation or NGO.
Skills Specific to the Post:
- Strong interpersonal skills,
- Problem solving/solutions focused
- Leading with purpose and credibility
- Personal adaptability/flexibility
- Innovation and taking the initiative
- HUMAN RESOURCE service delivery comprehension
- Strong planning and organizing / time management skills and ability to juggle a heavy workload and meet tight deadlines
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- High level of integrity.
- Excellent communication skills – Fluency in written and spoken French and English
- Proven supervisory skills
- Computer literate and familiar with implementing and using a global HRIS
- Understanding of the child rights and gender framework and experience in addressing child protection issues is desirable
- Skilled in conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Ability to analyse data for strategic decision making.
Application Closing Date
3rd November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information
Leave a Reply