Inline with the directive by the Honourable Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr. Isa Ali Ibrahim (Pantami) to network operators regarding linking of NIN to all Sim Cards within two weeks, we have decided to create this post to help those who are yet to link their NIN to their sim card do so in order to avoid deactivation of their Sim.
Before we proceed Check If Your NIN Is Connected To Your SIM CARD
Below are few steps to link your phone number with your NIN:
- For MTN users, simply dial *785# and get it done in few seconds or Visit https://mtnonline.com/nim using your phone or computer
- Complete the NIN linking form by entering your name, phone number, NIN, and email address.
- Submit the form as soon as you’re done.
- Wait for feedback from the network.
To link your NIN to your Airtel phone number, follow the steps below:
1. Dial *121# on the Airtel line you wish to link.
2. Type 1 for “NIN Capture” and send.
3. Enter your 11-digit NIN and send.
Wait for the message confirming your submission. If you get an error, just wait for some time and try again.
For Glo subscribers:
You can now link your National Identification Number (NIN) to your mobile number as a Glo subscriber. Simply send “UPDATENIN NIN FirstName and LastName’ to 109.
For 9mobile network
For 9mobile subscribers to stay connected, Verify and link your National Identity Number (NIN) to your mobile number by dialing *200*8# or visit https://9mobile.com.ng/nin
To be on the safer side, you can call your service provider’s customer care.