The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) (formerly National Action Committee on AIDS) was established in February 2000 to coordinate the various activities of HIV/AIDS in the country | National Agency for the Control of AIDS
Our mission is to provide an enabling policy environment and stable ongoing facilitation of proactive multi sectoral planning, coordinated implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all HIV/AIDS prevention and impact mitigation activities in Nigeria
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Job at The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA)
Table of Contents
- Contract, Full Time
- Required Qualifications: Vocational – FSLC – SSCE – NCE – OND – BA/BSC/HND – MBA/MSC/MA – PhD
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
- The core responsibility and mandate of the National AIDS Control Programme (NASCP) is to coordinate the formulation and effective implementation of National Policies, Guidelines and Standard operating procedures for the biomedical prevention and treatment of HIV, STIs and Viral Hepatitis.
- With the re-establishment of the NTPP and recent selection of NASCP as a sub-recipient of the Nigeria 2021-2023 Global Fund grant, there is a need to further strengthen the Account/Finance Unit of the organization.
- The objective of the engagement of a Finance Officer is to support the National AIDS and STIs Control Programme (NASCP) to carry out all the Financial procedures required to successfully account for all the funds it receives for the implementation of HIV health sector activities.
Support the NASCP Finance Team lead to:
- Manage all project assets and stock items, ensuring a satisfactory level of accountability and internal control at all times;
- Monitor accurate cashbooks for all the bank accounts;
- Ensure regular and timely bank reconciliation and following up on all reconciling items;
- Review the retirements of advances to staff to ensure that advances are retired with acceptable documentation and vouchers,
- Follow up on staff advances to ensure timely retirement including a necessary refund of unspent funds;
- Review existing advance policy for effectiveness and where required, propose new strategies for effective advance management;
- Ensure advances to suppliers do not exceed the stipulated limit in the Procurement manual;
- Compare the balance of all unretired advances to the total advances within the period to identify trends and report unusual patterns;
- Regular review of insurance status, particularly for most- at-risk assets e.g. vehicles;
- Analyze monthly expenditure, raising alerts when overspends/under-spends are identified.
- Support the NASCP finance team in the Preparation of receipts, payment vouchers and follow up for necessary approval/signature;
- Posting on daily basis, of financial transactions data into the NASCP computerized accounting software;
- Keep accurate record of all books of accounts and ensuring that all accounting records are consistent with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Variance analysis and forecasting
- Any other duties assigned by the Head of the Accounts Unit.
The key deliverable of the engagement is:
- Satisfactory level of accountability and internal control maintained at all times
- Advances retired with acceptable documentation and vouchers
- Analysis of monthly expenditure, raising alerts when overspends/under-spends are identified.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Account or its equivalent
- Professional Accountant with ICAN certification or equivalent
- Good understanding of and experience with budgets.
- Good understanding of and experience with financial reporting and compliance with donor requirements (experience working on a Global Fund funded project will be an added advantage)
- Thorough knowledge and proven experience in accounting and finance
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and work well with people.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to work effectively under pressure.
Contracting and accountability
- The successful candidate will be accountable to NASCP through the Head of the Accounts Unit.
S/he will be paid competitive fees for the agreed duration based on qualification and experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Job at The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA)” should click the APPLY HERE button below.
Notes / Disclaimer
- You shall get acquainted with the global fund code of conduct for suppliers using this link below: https://www.theglobalfund.org/media/3275/corporate_codeofconductforsuppliers_policy_en.pdf Responding to this advert shall serve as an acknowledgement and agreement to abide by the Global Fund Code of Conduct for Suppliers.
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- NACA shall verify any or all documents and claims made by applicants and will disqualify candidates with falsified documents and claims.
- If it is determined that submitted documents and claims have been falsified, a candidate may face prosecution in a court of law.
- NACA shall not be held responsible for any disqualified candidates as a result of any omission or deletion relating to the submission guidelines.
- This advertisement shall not be construed as a contract to any applicant, nor shall it entitle any candidate submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NACA.
- NACA is not bound to shortlist any candidate and reserves the right to annul the recruitment process at any time without incurring any liabilities or providing a reason.