Nigerian man kills estranged wife, mother-in-law, then commits suicide in U.S
Douglasville Police are investigating a murder-suicide between a husband, his wife and mother-in-law. Udoamaka Nwamu, 34, recently separated from his wife, Kaliyah, attacked her parents’ home in Douglasville, Georgia, killing her and his mother-in-law before taking his own life.
It is reported that Nwamu, took a handgun to his in-laws’ home on Sunday, June 6, where his estranged wife, Kaliyah Nwamu, was staying, and fired shots into the front and back of the house on Long Lake Drive.
- 45-Year-Old ‘Fake Philanthropist’ Arrested In Enugu, 18 Fraudulently Obtained Rice Bags Recovered
- Presidential Guards Brigade Placed On High Alert Over Suspicions Of Coup Plot In Nigeria; Key Brigades Under Watch As Commander Holds Emergency Meetings With Tinubu, Gbajabiamila
- BREAKING: Tinubu holds crucial meeting with Dangote, Elumelu, others
- Police arrest car thief in Nasarawa
- BREAKING: FCT Minister Of State’s Residence On Fire
According to a press release by Douglas County Sheriff, Tim Pounds, on Tuesday, the gunshots resulted in multiple 911 calls and deputies were dispatched to the house. Before they arrived, Nwamu forced his way inside the home.
Deputies were met with gunfire from the house and were forced to take cover, while an emergency response team and hostage negotiator were sent to the scene.
The response team then entered the house and found Nwamu dead from what Pounds described as a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Deputies also found the bodies of Nwamu’s 24-year-old estranged wife and her mother, 46-year-old Nikita Green.