rmed bandits on Thursday invaded Federal Government College (FGC) and abducted an unspecified number of students in Kebbi State.
The marauding gunmen men stormed the school at Birnin Yauri around 12:00 p.m. shooting sporadically, BBC Hausa reported.
The report disclosed that the brigands overpowered the security operatives guarding the school premises, snatched their patrol vehicle and whisked away their victims to an unknown location.
It was gathered that many students sustained gunshot wounds during the attack.
BBC Hausa cited a lawmaker, Muhammad Bello, saying that the bandits took away female and male students during the attack.
“The gunmen over powered over 20 mobile police operatives guarding the school. They injured some of the students including security operatives during the attack,” he said.
Mr Abubakar added that the injured victims are receiving medical attention.
- JUST IN: Tinubu names new heads for NCC, Galaxy Backbone, NIGCOMSAT
- Revenue Increases in January as FG, States, LGs Share N1.15trn
- Anti-Graft Agency, EFCC, Joint Task Force Arrests 115 Currency Racketeers in Enugu, Recovers N110million, $8,368
- Prophet Dr0wns In Lagos Beach During Valentine’s Day Hangout with Church Members
- We Are Ready For 2027 Polls, Fubara’s Supporter Replies Wike
The police spokesman, Nafi’u Abubakar, did not respond to multiple calls and messages when contacted Thursday afternoon for comments from Peoples Gazette.
This attack came barely two weeks after armed bandits killed 88 civilians across communities at Danko-Wasagu Local Government Area of the state.