A 12-year-old primary school boy of Igbo extraction has allegedly committed suicide in Ekpan, Uvwie Local Government Area, Delta State.
The bizarre incident took place at River Road, Ekpan near a popular Catholic Church.
He wrote his mock primary six examinations yesterday and was to write his primary six external examinations today, June 19, 2021.
The boy, who is the first child of his parents, was said to have returned from school at about 3pm and gone straight to his parents’ residence without going to his mother’s shop as he used to do.
He was said have taken his life with a large piece of cloth in one of the wardrobes in the rooms of the large apartment while his younger ones were in the parlour.
Attempts to save his life after he was seen by one of his younger ones failed as he was said to have given up the ghost before he was rushed to the nearby general hospital, Ekpan.
YOU MAY LIKE:
- 45-Year-Old ‘Fake Philanthropist’ Arrested In Enugu, 18 Fraudulently Obtained Rice Bags Recovered
- Presidential Guards Brigade Placed On High Alert Over Suspicions Of Coup Plot In Nigeria; Key Brigades Under Watch As Commander Holds Emergency Meetings With Tinubu, Gbajabiamila
- BREAKING: Tinubu holds crucial meeting with Dangote, Elumelu, others
- Police arrest car thief in Nasarawa
- BREAKING: FCT Minister Of State’s Residence On Fire
The cause of the incident was not immediately known but some residents who spoke, attributed the cause to influence of Nigerian movies while others said that it was caused by evil forces.