The Oyo State government has invited some traditional worshippers in the State to invoke spiritual powers as a means of tackling insecurity ravaging the State.
The Commissioner for Information, Culture and Tourism, Dr. Wasiu Olatubosun made this known to newsmen on Wednesday.
He made the disclosure shortly after meeting with traditional worshipers at his ministry on “Community and Public Enlightenment on Security and Peaceful Coexistence”.
According to the Commissioner, the government is collaborating with the traditional worshippers to offer sacrifices and other spiritual exercises to curb the security crisis bedeviling the State.
YOU MAY LIKE:
- Bodejo: Court gives Nigerian govt 7 days to file charges against detained Miyetti Allah president
- I was criticised for being too slow cru$h!ng Biafra secessionists but I did it, Gowon encourages Tinubu
- Heavy rain: 3 storey building collapses in Lagos
- Asue Ighodalo Wins Edo PDP Gov Primary
- Police Bursts Suspected Internet Fraudsters Hideout, Arrests 10 Suspects
He stated that the current administration led by Seyi Makinde was working on the request of the traditional worshipers to be granted a public holiday and harped on the need to involve the traditionalists, among other religious bodies, to tackle criminal activities in the State.
The State had in recent time witnessed unrest birthed by the activities of Fulani herdsmen and farmers, kidnappers and other criminal elements disturbing the peace of the State.