A Magistrates’ Court in Kafanchan, Kaduna State, on Wednesday ordered that a farmer, Godfrey Danladi, be remanded in a correctional facility for defiling a seven-year-old girl.
The presiding judge, Michael Bawa, declined to take the plea of Mr Danladi on grounds that the court lacked jurisdiction to hear the matter.
Mr Bawa directed the prosecutor to forward the case file to the State Director of Public Prosecution for legal advice.
YOU MAY LIKE:
- Prophet Dr0wns In Lagos Beach During Valentine’s Day Hangout with Church Members
- We Are Ready For 2027 Polls, Fubara’s Supporter Replies Wike
- Food Security: FG Didn’t Give States N30b Each, Makinde Replies Akpabio
- Bodejo: Court gives Nigerian govt 7 days to file charges against detained Miyetti Allah president
- I was criticised for being too slow cru$h!ng Biafra secessionists but I did it, Gowon encourages Tinubu
He adjourned the matter until July 22 for further mention.
Earlier, the NSCDC Prosecutor, Marcus Audu told the court that the complainant, Dauda Madaki, reported the matter at the Corps’ office on June 23.
Mr Audu said Mr Danladi lured the complainant’s daughter who is seven years to his farm and defiled her.