The police in Ogun state have arrested a 25-year-old man, Adetoro Kazeem, for alleged blackmail and extortion in Ibadan area of the state.
The command’s spokesperson, DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi, in a statement on Thursday, July 1, said the suspect was arrested at his hideout after his victim, one Gloria Ogunnupebi, reported the case at Obalende divisional headquarters, Ijebu ode.
According to Oyeyemi, “The victim said in May 2021, she received a voice note from a strange foreign number that she should send the sum of N200k, otherwise her nude picture will be uploaded on social media for public consumption.
YOU MAY LIKE:
- Revenue Increases in January as FG, States, LGs Share N1.15trn
- Anti-Graft Agency, EFCC, Joint Task Force Arrests 115 Currency Racketeers in Enugu, Recovers N110million, $8,368
- Prophet Dr0wns In Lagos Beach During Valentine’s Day Hangout with Church Members
- We Are Ready For 2027 Polls, Fubara’s Supporter Replies Wike
- Food Security: FG Didn’t Give States N30b Each, Makinde Replies Akpabio
She stated further that, to prevent the caller from exposing her to moral and public ridicule, she sent the said amount to him, with the hope that everything is over. But surprisingly, the person continued demanding for money from her every two weeks, and that he has extorted her up to the tune of N7,363,900.
She explained further that she decided to report when she got tired of the continuous extortion and started contemplating su*cide.
On interrogation, the suspect who confessed to the commission of the crime, informed the investigators that he has many OPAY accounts with different names through which he used to receive money from his victims.”