A Magistrate Court sitting in Osogbo, Osun State, on Friday, July 2, remanded in prison two identical twins and one other for allegedly gang-raping a girl and sharing her nude pics Facebook.
The suspects; Olabode Kehinde, Olabode Taye and Bakare Yusuf were slammed with six counts of conspiracy, unlawful carnal knowledge, indecent assault, breach of peace and damage of reputation of one the victim.
The Nation gathered that the victim, attempted to commit suicide following the dastardly act perpetrated by the three suspects and two others now at large.
YOU MAY LIKE:
- 45-Year-Old ‘Fake Philanthropist’ Arrested In Enugu, 18 Fraudulently Obtained Rice Bags Recovered
- Presidential Guards Brigade Placed On High Alert Over Suspicions Of Coup Plot In Nigeria; Key Brigades Under Watch As Commander Holds Emergency Meetings With Tinubu, Gbajabiamila
- BREAKING: Tinubu holds crucial meeting with Dangote, Elumelu, others
- Police arrest car thief in Nasarawa
- BREAKING: FCT Minister Of State’s Residence On Fire
The police prosecutor, Inspector Temitope Fatoba, explained to the court that, “the three defendants and others now at large sometime in March 2021 at about 7pm at Oke-Abuja area, Iragbiji conspired among themselves to rape, indecently assault, defame the character of the girl and conduct likely to cause a breach of peace and thereby committed an offence punishable under section 516 of the Criminal Code Cap 34 Vol. Il laws of Osun State of Nigeria 2002.”
The three defendants, however, pleaded not guilty, and the magistrate, A. O Daramola ordered that they should be remanded in Ilesha Correctional Center, till August 16, 2021.