The Minister of Information and Communication Alhaji Lai Mohammed has revealed that the upcoming nationwide congress of the All Progressives Congress will not be held in Kwara State until all members of the party in the state are registered and validated.
Lai Mohammed made this known today while addressing party faithfuls led by the caretaker chairman of the party in the state Bashir Omolaja Bolarinwa, at the official commissioning of the new state secretariat of the party, in Ilorin the Kwara state capital.
The Minister who revealed that he met with the Mai Mala Buni-led National Caretaker Committee of the All Progressives Congress in company of some party chieftain in the state two weeks ago, and he assured them that Kwara is a special case and as such the nationwide congress won’t be held in the state.
YOU MAY LIKE:
- 45-Year-Old ‘Fake Philanthropist’ Arrested In Enugu, 18 Fraudulently Obtained Rice Bags Recovered
- Presidential Guards Brigade Placed On High Alert Over Suspicions Of Coup Plot In Nigeria; Key Brigades Under Watch As Commander Holds Emergency Meetings With Tinubu, Gbajabiamila
- BREAKING: Tinubu holds crucial meeting with Dangote, Elumelu, others
- Police arrest car thief in Nasarawa
- BREAKING: FCT Minister Of State’s Residence On Fire
Reacting to the allegations of diversion of campaign funds, he said he single-handedly raised funds from friends and politicians to the tune of 150 million naira to finance the 2019 gubernatorial election in Kwara State.
Other party members at the event include members representing Ilorin South and East the house of representative Hon Ganiyu Cook Olododo, former governorship aspirants in the 2019 election Professor Abdulraheem Ọba, Tajudeen Audu, state caretaker chairman Bashir Omolaja Bolarinwa, Iyiola Oyedepo among other stakeholders.