The CP said an investigation was ongoing to arrest other gang members for prosecution
The Zamfara State Police Command has arrested a Senior Secondary School 1 pupil of the Federal Government College, Anka, for allegedly parading himself as a bandit leader to defraud the college’s principal out of N3m.
The suspect, Tukur Bashir, reportedly called the principal on the phone, telling her that he was a bandits’ leader.
He demanded that the principal pay N3m; otherwise, he and his gang members would come to the school and kidnap pupils.
The Commissioner of Police in the state, Husaini Rabiu, disclosed this on Friday, adding that Bashir had been arrested.
He said, “On July 1, 2021, the principal of Federal Government College, Anka, reported to the DPO (Divisional Police Officer), Anka division that an unknown person called her and demanded the sum of N3m or would storm the school and attack the students.
YOU MAY LIKE:
- We Are Ready For 2027 Polls, Fubara’s Supporter Replies Wike
- Food Security: FG Didn’t Give States N30b Each, Makinde Replies Akpabio
- Bodejo: Court gives Nigerian govt 7 days to file charges against detained Miyetti Allah president
- I was criticised for being too slow cru$h!ng Biafra secessionists but I did it, Gowon encourages Tinubu
- Heavy rain: 3 storey building collapses in Lagos
“On receipt of the complaint, police swung into action and arrested one Tukur Bashir in the Bakura Local Government Area of the state. On interrogation, the suspect was found to be an SS1 student of the school.”
The CP said an investigation was ongoing to arrest other gang members for prosecution, Punch reports.