Three people have been injured in a gas explosion that occurred in the Ijebu-Ode area of Ogun.
The incident happened on Monday at Folagbade Road in Ijebu-Ode.
According to a witness, the explosion was caused by a passenger’s gas cylinder riding on a commercial tricycle.
The tricycle rider parked by the roadside when the cylinder owner discovered gas was leaking from the cylinder.
The tricycle was parked close to a faulty car with a radiator problem.
“The rider of the tricycle parked by the roadside for the woman to fix the leaking cylinder, but unfortunately, there was a car with a radiator problem also parked nearby.
YOU MAY LIKE:
- Food Security: FG Didn’t Give States N30b Each, Makinde Replies Akpabio
- Bodejo: Court gives Nigerian govt 7 days to file charges against detained Miyetti Allah president
- I was criticised for being too slow cru$h!ng Biafra secessionists but I did it, Gowon encourages Tinubu
- Heavy rain: 3 storey building collapses in Lagos
- Asue Ighodalo Wins Edo PDP Gov Primary
“The heat generated from the car triggered the explosion,” the witness said, adding that the gas explosion affected three people.
The casualties were taken to Ijebu-Ode General Hospital, but the hospital refused to treat them.
The explosion victims were later to another undisclosed hospital.
A spokesman for the Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps (TRACE), Babatunde Akinbiyi, confirmed the incident, disclosing that the tricycle, three motorcycles, and a car were destroyed in the explosion.
He also confirmed that the occupants of the tricycle suffered severe burnt injuries.
Mr Akinbiyi, however, disclosed that he could not ascertain if anyone died in the explosion.