Armed robbers have shot dead the acting Commanding Officer of 196 Battalion, Major MS Samaila, in Dundubus, Jigawa.
Mr Samalia was killed at about 11:30 p.m. on Sunday while on his way to Kano from Maiduguri with his orderly, Alisu Aliyu, a signal by the Nigerian Army said.
YOU MAY LIKE:
- JUST IN: Tinubu names new heads for NCC, Galaxy Backbone, NIGCOMSAT
- Revenue Increases in January as FG, States, LGs Share N1.15trn
- Anti-Graft Agency, EFCC, Joint Task Force Arrests 115 Currency Racketeers in Enugu, Recovers N110million, $8,368
- Prophet Dr0wns In Lagos Beach During Valentine’s Day Hangout with Church Members
- We Are Ready For 2027 Polls, Fubara’s Supporter Replies Wike
“At about 042330A Jul 21, One Maj MS Samaila, Acting Commanding Officer 196Bn on his way to Kano from Maiduguri with his orderly 20NA/79/4559 LCpl Alisu Aliyu were attacked by Armed Robbers at Dundubus,” the army stated.
It said Mr Aliyu sustained gunshot injuries and was currently receiving medical attention, while the deceased’s body was deposited at the Shekoni Specialist Hospital Dutse.
“The officer was shot dead, and his orderly sustained gunshot wound. The officer’s body has been deposited at Shekoni Dutse. The soldier is receiving medical attention accordingly,” the statement added.