The Police Command in Cross River has arrested the Pastor of United Evangelical Church, Michael Bassey, 45, for unlawful possession of a human skull.
According to the Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr Sikiru Akande, the pastor was arrested upon the police receiving a complaint from a concerned citizen on the threat to life. He said that the suspect was arrested at his residence in the state.
YOU MAY LIKE:
- 45-Year-Old ‘Fake Philanthropist’ Arrested In Enugu, 18 Fraudulently Obtained Rice Bags Recovered
- Presidential Guards Brigade Placed On High Alert Over Suspicions Of Coup Plot In Nigeria; Key Brigades Under Watch As Commander Holds Emergency Meetings With Tinubu, Gbajabiamila
- BREAKING: Tinubu holds crucial meeting with Dangote, Elumelu, others
- Police arrest car thief in Nasarawa
- BREAKING: FCT Minister Of State’s Residence On Fire
“The suspect was arrested with one human skull tied with the complainant’s picture and carved human image with red clothes. Investigation is still ongoing and the suspect will be arraigned in court,” he said.
Bassey, however, told reporters that he was not into any diabolical act. According to him, he has been conducting healing services for his congregation members before his arrest. “I don’t know anything about this human skull. I am innocent of the charges against me,” he maintained.