The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has declared a drg baron, Tony Chidi Onwurolu wanted after 26.15Kg of hroine sent to him was intercepted.
According to NDLEA spokesman, Femi Babafemi, the drg was intercepted at the Skyway Aviation Handling Company Plc (SAHCO) shed of the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, MMIA, Ikeja Lagos. The illicit drg had arrived Lagos in 25 parcels from South Africa through an Air Peace Airline flight on 30th June, 2021.
He said that it was, however, detained for screening following reasonable suspicion of the content of the consignment. “A follow up operation was subsequently carried out the following day, July 1, when narcotic officers of the MMIA command trailed the driver and a clearing agent that were assigned to deliver the consignment.
YOU MAY LIKE:
- 45-Year-Old ‘Fake Philanthropist’ Arrested In Enugu, 18 Fraudulently Obtained Rice Bags Recovered
- Presidential Guards Brigade Placed On High Alert Over Suspicions Of Coup Plot In Nigeria; Key Brigades Under Watch As Commander Holds Emergency Meetings With Tinubu, Gbajabiamila
- BREAKING: Tinubu holds crucial meeting with Dangote, Elumelu, others
- Police arrest car thief in Nasarawa
- BREAKING: FCT Minister Of State’s Residence On Fire
Investigation revealed that they were to deliver to the house of a baron, Tony Chidi Onwurolu at his residence in Okota, Lagos. During the follow up operation, Tony Chidi Onwurolu, who obviously mounted a counter-surveillance around his neighbourhood, fled his home before the arrival of the team of operatives who stormed his residence.
They were however able to search his home and recovered a number of documents to establish his true identity,” he said. Babafemi added that the NDLEA Chairman Brig. Gen. Buba Marwa (retired), had directed that the fleeing dr*g baron be declared wanted immediately and his details submitted to Interpol for tracking across the world.