One Isaac Harami Ndahi was today arraigned before Justice Umaru Fadawu of the Borno State High Court on a one-count charge bordering on obtaining money by false pretence to the tune of N3,000,000.00 (Three Million Naira), by the Maiduguri Zonal Office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.
The defendant allegedly used a fake ‘‘Purchase Order’’ purportedly from Danish Counsel (DRC), to obtain N3m from one Engr. Abba Aji Monguno under the pretext that they would share the accrued profit.
The count reads: “That you, Isaac Harami Ndahi sometime in September, 2019 in Maiduguri, Borno State within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court fraudulently induced one Engr. Abba Aji Monguno to deliver to you the sum of Three Million Naira (N3, 000,000.00) only using a fake purchase order purported to have emanated from Danish Counsel (DRC) under the false pretence that you had a contract to execute and accrued profit would be shared between the two of you which fact you knew to be false and thereby committed an offence contrary to and punishable under sections 1(1) (b) and 1(3) of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Fraud Related Offences Act, 2006 respectively”.
YOU MAY LIKE:
- 45-Year-Old ‘Fake Philanthropist’ Arrested In Enugu, 18 Fraudulently Obtained Rice Bags Recovered
- Presidential Guards Brigade Placed On High Alert Over Suspicions Of Coup Plot In Nigeria; Key Brigades Under Watch As Commander Holds Emergency Meetings With Tinubu, Gbajabiamila
- BREAKING: Tinubu holds crucial meeting with Dangote, Elumelu, others
- Police arrest car thief in Nasarawa
- BREAKING: FCT Minister Of State’s Residence On Fire
The defendant pleaded ‘not guilty’ to the charge preferred against him by the EFCC.
Counsel for the prosecution, Alqasim Ja’afar prayed the court for a trial date and to remand the accused person pending the determination of the case.
Justice Fadawu thereafter, adjourned the matter to August 4, 2021 for commencement of trial and ordered for the remand of the defendant at the Maiduguri Medium Custodial Centre.