At least two soldiers have been killed and seven others injured when suspected bandits attacked Unguwar Lalle village in Sabon Birni council area of Sokoto State, Igbere TV has learnt.
Gistcore media gathered that the bandits burnt down two patrol vehicles belonging to the police and army and were said to have also kidnapped many residents.
It was gathered that the armed bandits attacked the village around 2 pm on Wednesday, July 14.
“They came on 100 motorcycles; each motorcycle was carrying three well-armed bandits. They came from Tilibale axis and opened fire on the soldiers that were manning a checkpoint along Sokoto-Sabon Birni road. The soldiers also responded but they were overpowered,” a source said.
YOU MAY LIKE:
- 45-Year-Old ‘Fake Philanthropist’ Arrested In Enugu, 18 Fraudulently Obtained Rice Bags Recovered
- Presidential Guards Brigade Placed On High Alert Over Suspicions Of Coup Plot In Nigeria; Key Brigades Under Watch As Commander Holds Emergency Meetings With Tinubu, Gbajabiamila
- BREAKING: Tinubu holds crucial meeting with Dangote, Elumelu, others
- Police arrest car thief in Nasarawa
- BREAKING: FCT Minister Of State’s Residence On Fire
“Three operational vehicles reportedly left Sabon Birni town with re-enforcement but were ambushed along the way and two soldiers were shot dead while seven others sustained various degree of injuries. As I am talking to you, the whole Unguwar Lalle and environs are deserted for fear of another attack,” he added.
The source added that the bandits looted available shops in the area and rustled livestock.