A 12-year-old boy who was concealed inside a coffin by suspected kidnappers have been rescued in Kwara State.
The victim was rescued by the joint border patrol team of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Nigeria Immigration Service and the Nigeria Police.
The victim, who hails from Benin Republic, was rescued during a routine border patrol by the operatives of the lmmigration Service.
YOU MAY LIKE:
- 45-Year-Old ‘Fake Philanthropist’ Arrested In Enugu, 18 Fraudulently Obtained Rice Bags Recovered
- Presidential Guards Brigade Placed On High Alert Over Suspicions Of Coup Plot In Nigeria; Key Brigades Under Watch As Commander Holds Emergency Meetings With Tinubu, Gbajabiamila
- BREAKING: Tinubu holds crucial meeting with Dangote, Elumelu, others
- Police arrest car thief in Nasarawa
- BREAKING: FCT Minister Of State’s Residence On Fire
According to the spokesperson of the NSCDC, Babawale Afolabi,“Operatives of the Immigration Service spotted an unmarked vehicle and stopped the driver who later took to his heel on sighting the officers leaving the car.
It was when the immigration officers searched the vehicle that they discovered a coffin and when they opened the coffin, a minor of about 12 years old was seen put inside the casket covering him with a white cloth.
The boy has been medically examined and found to be fine while further check revealed that the boy is from a village in Benin Republic.”