Nigerian television reality show Big Brother Naija has announced that they will be scrapping popular Short Messaging Service (SMS) voting method for the impending Season 6 of the show.
The standard N30 SMS network system of voting which was widely practiced by most viewers and voters of the reality show for over five seasons has now been cancelled as the organisers initiate a more controlled system of voting.
“Multichoice also announced that there will be no SMS voting for this season. All voting will be on the Big Brother Naija website and mobile site as well as on the MyDStv and MyGOtv apps,” a press release reads.
YOU MAY LIKE:
- 45-Year-Old ‘Fake Philanthropist’ Arrested In Enugu, 18 Fraudulently Obtained Rice Bags Recovered
- Presidential Guards Brigade Placed On High Alert Over Suspicions Of Coup Plot In Nigeria; Key Brigades Under Watch As Commander Holds Emergency Meetings With Tinubu, Gbajabiamila
- BREAKING: Tinubu holds crucial meeting with Dangote, Elumelu, others
- Police arrest car thief in Nasarawa
- BREAKING: FCT Minister Of State’s Residence On Fire
This means, voting for a favourite contestant can only be achieved on the official website of the reality show or from a personal Multichoice decoder account.
The Chief Executive Officer of Multichoice Nigeria, John Ugbe, assures the viewers that all hands are on deck to provide a topnotch entertaining show for the next #BBNaija season.
“We are pulling all the stops to give our customers a show like never seen before from Nigeria with end-to-end production best practices under global health and safety standards,” Mr Ugbe said.
#BBNaija Season 6 will feature a special double launch show on July 24 and July 25 respectively. The winner is expected to win ₦90 million grand prize.