Two ladies have been arrested by the operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) in Benue State, for allegedly using hijab to hide 296,000 tables of illicit dr*gs.
The suspects: Chioma Afam, 36, and 22-year-old Chidinma Caleb, were arrested while trying to smuggle a total of 296,000 tablets of Diazepam and Exol-5 from Onitsha, Anambra State to Gombe State.
It was gathered that Chioma, who used multiple names such as Amina, Uzoamaka and Ifunaya to cover her criminal activities, was arrested on Saturday July 17, 2021, along with Peace.
YOU MAY LIKE:
- 45-Year-Old ‘Fake Philanthropist’ Arrested In Enugu, 18 Fraudulently Obtained Rice Bags Recovered
- Presidential Guards Brigade Placed On High Alert Over Suspicions Of Coup Plot In Nigeria; Key Brigades Under Watch As Commander Holds Emergency Meetings With Tinubu, Gbajabiamila
- BREAKING: Tinubu holds crucial meeting with Dangote, Elumelu, others
- Police arrest car thief in Nasarawa
- BREAKING: FCT Minister Of State’s Residence On Fire
According to NDLEA, both suspects wear hijab as a cover for their nefarious activities during routine checks and profiling of inward vehicles into Makurdi, the Benue State capital.
Their vehicle coming from Onitsha, Anambra State was intercepted along Makurdi Alliade road while heading to Gombe State via Makurdi. A search of their vehicle led to the discovery of 43kilograms of Diazepam and 33kg of Exol-5, both weighing 76 kilograms with a total of 296,000 tablets packed in four large Ghana must go bags.