
Gunmen have killed one person and abducted nine others in a village in Sokoto.
The attack took place in Wababe, Dange local council during a midnight downpour on Tuesday.
The attack, village sources said, lasted over two hours, during which residents fled into the bushes.
Police spokesman ASP Sanusi Abubakar confirmed the attack.
“We got a report from the DPO who said that security operatives in the local government mobilised immediately to engage the bandits,” Abubakar said.
“Unfortunately, on sensing our men going after them, the bandits started firing and in the process shot one person. They fled and abandoned their food items and patrol.”
He said a manhunt for the assailants had been launched.
CHECK THIS ALSO:
- IGP Withdraws Invite To Emir Sanusi Over Death During Eid-el-Fitr Celebrations
- Ugwuanyi, Ikpeazu, Shehu Sani, others screened for ambassadorial appointments
- Suspected kidnappers terrorizing Otukpo LGA apprehended
- God told me RCCG’s governing council will hold meeting on moon someday: Adeboye
- Ghanaian-British Student Nabbed With Loud At Lagos Airport, 75-Year-Old Grandpa Arrested With Cannabis In Abia
Also, yesterday, bandits invaded Rido Gbagyi Maraban Rido Community of Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State Tuesday night. They killed one person and abducted five others.
The bandits, who operated unchallenged for over one-and-a-half hours killed Mr Irrimiya Yohanna, a Boys Brigade Officer before whisking away their captives.
Those abducted are Pastor Peter Chukwuemeka, Mr Bobai Theophilus, Mr Joseph (a driver with Nigerian Breweries), Rev. Daniel Usman and Barmani Yakubu while Yusuf Tanko and one other sustained bullet wounds.
Leave a Reply