Osinbajo to take charge in my absence: Buhari

Share this:

President Muhammadu Buhari has said his absence from the country would not affect the running of government as the Vice President Yemi Osinbajo would constitutionally take charge when he is not available.

Mr Buhari said this while fielding questions from State House correspondents as he made way to travel to London on Sunday.

”Well, I cannot claim to be doing the work alone. The government is fully represented – the Vice-President is there, constitutionally when I’m away he’s in charge, And the Secretary to the government and then the chief of staff. So, no problem,” he said.

MARCH 6, 2022Osinbajo and Buhari laughing used to llustrate the storyOsinbajo and Buhari laughing used to llustrate the story

Media aide Femi Adesina announced that the president was jetting to London for his routine medical check up.

The president had earlier planned to proceed to London from Kenya where he had gone to attend a UNEP programme but shockingly returned home.

Mr Buhari is expected to spend two weeks in undergoing the medical examination, Mr Adesina said.

He is expected to be back for the All Progressives Congress national convention billed for March 26.

On the convention, Mr Buhari dismissed concerns of breakdown of the ruling party, promising a surprise.

“Well, they (critics) should wait and see. How did we come as a party to take power from the ruling party who had been there before us for so many years?” he said.

The president added, “So, we have the capacity, everything will be alright.”

(NAN)


Share this:

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.