Nigerian Muslims above 65 can’t go for 2022 hajj: NAHCON

Share this:

Nigerian Muslims above 65 can’t go for 2022 hajj: NAHCON

The Katsina Pilgrims Board has reminded intending pilgrims above the age of 65 years that they would not be allowed into Saudi Arabia.

This is contained in a statement by the board’s spokesperson, Badaru Bello-Karofi, in Katsina on Wednesday.

”Saudi Arabia has indicated that people above 65 years must not be allowed to perform Hajj this year and also reminded all intending pilgrims that full COVID-19 vaccination is compulsory.

HAJJHAJJ

“By full vaccination I mean the three doses and of course PCR is mandatory,” the chairman said.

The board made this known to intending pilgrims and Islamic scholars in the state ahead of the 2022 Hajj operations.

Earlier, the executive director of the board, Suleiman Nuhu-Kuki, commended the smooth conduct of the ongoing exercise in the Kankia and Dutsinma zonal centres of the state.

Mr Nuhu-Kuki stressed their need to purify themselves ahead of the holy pilgrimage.

He said the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) had fixed N2.5 million as a deposit from each intending pilgrim.

He said about 2,146 seats had been allocated to the state for this year’s Hajj operation.

Nuhu-Kuki said that the increase in Hajj fare followed the hike in airfare and exchange rates of dollars.

On April 10, Saudi Arabia set an age limit of 65 for those travelling to Mecca this year. Nigeria has been allocated 43,008 hajj slots for 2022, with the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory getting 33,976 seats and private tour operators sharing 9,032 seats.

(NAN)


Share this:

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.