You Lack Capacity To Answer Easy Questions, Go Home And Rest, Atiku’s Aide Blasts Tinubu Over ‘Disgraceful’ Chatham House Outing

Share this:

A spokesperson for Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party has said the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Bola Tinubu performed so poorly at Chatham House in London on Monday that he could not answer easy questions.

In a statement, Phrank Shaibu, the Special Assistant on Public Communications to Atiku lambasted Tinubu for asking members of his campaign team to answer some questions directed at him.

Shaibu described Tinubu’s action as disgraceful, saying it is like a final-year student asking his colleagues to help defend his project.

According to the statement, Tinubu’s Presidency will be run by a cabal pulling the strings from backstage.

He said Tinubu’s action can best be described as dereliction of duty and not effective delegation as Tinubu had claimed.

He condemned Tinubu for nominating Governor Nasir El-Rufai to answer the question on his behalf on how to address security issues, noting that Kaduna State under El-Rufai recorded 1,192 civilian killings in 2021 alone.

The statement reads in part, “The disgraceful campaign of APC candidate, Bola Tinubu, reached its nadir at Chatham House in London where he was expected to have sold himself.

“Six long months after emerging as the candidate of the party, the self-styled Lagos godfather has continued to avoid any public engagement with other candidates because his intelligence pales in comparison to them. The Chatham House event was therefore an opportunity to redeem himself but once again he fell short.

“After reading his prepared speech for about 15 minutes, it was time for the question-and-answer session. Clearly lacking the capacity to respond to easy questions, he claimed his style is to delegate and thereafter decided to call on members of his campaign to answer questions for him.

“Utterly disgraceful! Rather than reveal how he will tackle insecurity, he called on Governor Nasir El-Rufai to answer the question on his behalf. For the sake of clarity, Kaduna State under El-Rufai recorded 1, 192 civilian killings alone in 2021, almost leveled with that of war-torn Syria.

“This is also a governor that admitted to paying killer insurgents to stop murdering his people. He hurriedly withdrew his children from school last year because of insecurity but left the children of the masses to their fate. What a man!

“Early this year Kaduna State was cut off completely, becoming inaccessible by air, train or road. In August he wrote a letter to President Buhari stating that election may not take place in some parts of the state due to the activities of terrorists. Yet he was the one nominated by Tinubu to address security issues, what a joke.

“He is like a puppet who on the surface appears to be alive but is actually being empowered by strings from a team backstage.

“This country deserves a very healthy person. The office of the President is not for sick people. Tinubu has tried his best but he is now weak and tired and should be allowed to go home and take a deserved rest while I urge the electorate to vote for Atiku Abubakar at next year’s poll, as the former Vice President is the only candidate that has got what it takes to turn around the fortunes of Nigeria.”


Share this:

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.