The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an international medical organization, founded in 2009. ALIMA’s aim is to provide a high standard of healthcare in situations of emergency or medical disaster and to improve the practice of humanitarian medicine by developing innovative projects associated with medical research. The specific feature of the association is to base its operating methods mainly on partnership with national medical players. By pooling and capitalizing on their skills, ALIMA and its partners give as many people as possible access to a high standard of treatment. Since its creation, the association and its partners have successfully developed in line with the increase in humanitarian medical needs, especially in Western and Central Africa: 580,000 patients treated in 2014 including over 25,000 hospitalizations, new governance between the partners of the medical NGO platform in the Sahel, new innovative approaches and operational research projects. ALIMA also responded to the Ebola emergency by opening a 40-bed Ebola treatment centre in Guinea. With operations in eight countries, 15 projects, over 1,200 employees and a budget of â‚¬19.5 million, ALIMA is a dynamic NGO, effectively deploying medical aid for the most vulnerable.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: Secondary School (SSCE)
- Location: Ondo
- Job Field: ICT / Computer
MISSION AND MAIN ACTIVITIES
- Carry out all activities related to entry of medical data into the mission database, according to ALIMA protocols and maintaining confidentiality, in order to have reliable and up to date information
Function & Responsibilities
- Enter medical data (e.g. patient data, dates of visit, content of prescription, viral load, etc.) in project’s database on a regular basis and according to ALIMA protocols.
- Participate in compilation of data both from ALIMA structures and from collaborating health facilities.
- Participate in the search for missing data.
- Update files of existing patients and make any corrections needed.
- Make regular back-ups of all data processed.
- Look after all equipment provided and keep recording area clean and tidy, giving special importance to all patient files.
- Report any issue concerning data management to superior
- Elaborate statistical reports when required by the medical team.
- Ensure, promote and maintain confidentiality regarding all information registered
- Participate in data analysis activities of the project.
- Alert or report any abnormal trends in the activities data to the superior.
- Essential Secondary School certificate.
- 1 years experience. INGO experience is added advantage.
- Local language essential. Mission language desirable.
- Essential basic mathematics and use of measuring equipment.
- Desirable computer literacy (word, excel)
- Desirable ability to do basic repairs.
- Stress Management.
Method of Application
Submit online your Cover letter, CV with colour picture and qualifications with contact details to ALIMA’s recruitment email firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Job Title – Location by 18th January, 2023
Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
Applications are processed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if a good application is successful. Only full applications will be taken into account. Only accepted applications will be contacted.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.