Project HOPE delivers essential medicines and supplies, health expertise and medical training to respond to disaster, prevent disease, promote wellness and save lives around the globe.Founded in 1958, Project HOPE (Health Opportunities for People Everywhere) is dedicated to providing lasting solutions to health problems with the mission of helping people to help themselves. Identifiable to many by the SS HOPE, the world’s first peacetime hospital ship, Project HOPE now provides medical training and health education, as well as conducts humanitarian assistance programs in more than 35 countries. Over the past five decades, Project HOPE has demonstrated its ability to develop and permanently institute long-term solutions to pressing health problems, the true essence of helping people help themselves. Project HOPE remains as committed as ever to addressing the world’s new health threats by playing a leadership role forging new alliances among those on the frontlines of health and together seeking new solutions.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Kano , Ogun
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
The M&E Officer is responsible for coordinating monitoring, evaluation, and reporting activities under the award. They will report to the Program Manager.
- Contribute to the MERL system strengthening processes, which includes documenting lessons learned and improving data collection, analysis, reporting, and quality assurance processes.
- Contribute to the development and revision of Resolve to Save Lives performance frameworks/monitoring plans and other relevant MERL documents in line with best practices.
- Contribute to and provide timely data for the preparation of routine and periodic programmatic reports.
- Contribute to the development of information products, briefs, and success stories for dissemination to stakeholders.
- Contribute to evaluation and operations research design, implementation, and reporting.
- Under the supervision of the Program Manager, provide training, and technical support to relevant officers at the sub-national and national levels.
- Under the supervision of the Program Manager, undertake on-site monitoring of activities, verify accuracy of data/reports and provide capacity development support.
- Assist in coordinating and working closely with other departments to support effective monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of project/program activities/result.
- Support MERL-related deliberations and ensure effective result-driven stakeholder engagement processes.
- Other duties as required by the Program Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in epidemiology, biostatistics, public health, information management, economics
- Minimum 5 years working on monitoring and evaluation of public health programs.
- Knowledge and experience in project-level or state/national-level MEL system implementation.
- Experience in data collection, analysis, management, and development of reports.
- Experience with health information management systems and relevant platforms, such as the DHIS 2.
- Proven ability to use Microsoft Office software (especially Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) is essential. Experience with other computer programs such as Power BI, SPSS, Epi info, or Stata is an advantage.
- Knowledge of health programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically. Experience in implementing Global Fund projects is an added advantage.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political, and ethical issues surrounding public health.
- A high degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Ability to work well with others including colleagues, subcontractors, consultants, and beneficiaries.
- Capacity to work remotely, manage tight deadlines, and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
OTHER ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Project HOPE and among beneficiaries served by Project HOPE.
Compliance & Ethics
- Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Project HOPE.
- As applicable to the position, maintain a clear understanding of Project HOPE and donor compliance and ethics standards and adhere to those standards.
- Conduct work with the highest level of integrity.
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Proven capabilities in leadership
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal, and organization skills
- Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret technical and non-technical materials in English
- Ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field and HQ, counterparts, senior government and rebel leaders, and other related regional players.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
In addition to the responsibilities referenced above, candidates can expect to be living and working in austere conditions. Lifting moderately heavy objects from the ground, carrying a backpack for extended periods of time, and walking or hiking in remote locations may be necessary to perform these functions.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Project HOPE employees work in the global health field and may be required to travel or work in countries where working conditions are classified as “hardships”.
- Travel for extended periods of time by air and other modes of transportation.
- Must be mobile in an office environment, able to use standard office equipment, and capable of communicating verbally and in writing.
- Typical office environment with exposure to a minimal noise level.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Project Hope on www.projecthope.org to apply
JOBS YOU MAY LIKE:
- How To Check NPF Recruitment Shortlisted Applicants For CBT Test
- Recruitment: Police shortlist 171,956 applicants, fix March 5 for CBT exam nationwide
- Niger State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2024
- Apply for Teach For Nigeria Fellowship Recruitment 2024 Cohort
- NPower News February 2024, All You Need To Know, Payment Updates, Status, Future Plans
- How to Apply for MTN Nigeria Recruitment
- 3MTT MGT Shortlist Names Of 3MTT Community Managers
- Nigerian Air Force Direct Short Service DSSC 32/2024 Recruitment
- Apply for Nigerian Youth Academy (NiYA) Training Program 2024-2027 (Training for 7 million Nigerians , 5 Million Jobs in 4 Years)
- EFCC Begins Inviting Selected Candidates For Job Training
- Massive Recruitment at Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB)
- Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Recruitment 2024
- Edo State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) Job Recruitment
- Recruitment at Edo State College of Health Technology 2024
- NSIPA to Open Portal for Npower Batch D Registration in January 2024