It had been reported that Peter Obi and the Labour Party prayed the court to declare him as the candidate that secured the majority of the lawful votes cast with the required constitutional spread of not less than 25% of the votes cast in at least two-thirds of the states of the federation, and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
The Presidential Election Petition Court has said it is irrelevant that President Bola Tinubu failed to score 25% of the votes cast in at least two-thirds of the states of the federation, and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
It had been reported that Peter Obi and the Labour Party prayed the court to declare him as the candidate that secured the majority of the lawful votes cast with the required constitutional spread of not less than 25% of the votes cast in at least two-thirds of the states of the federation, and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
But in its ruling on Wednesday, the court held that it is irrelevant.
It agrees with the argument of the respondent that “the FCT does not enjoy a special status and that Abuja is inhabited by Nigerians and that Abuja does not enjoy any special privilege.”
“It was observed as irrelevant,” it held.
Earlier the court said Peter Obi and the Labour Party (LP) failed to prove anomalies in their petition against President Bola Tinubu and Vice President Kashim Shettima.
READ ALSO:
- Nigerian Air Force Says Airstrikes Wiped Out Katsina Terror Enclaves, Stopped ISWAP/Boko Haram Attack In Borno
- 10 African countries affected as Trump orders Green Card review [Full List]
- Olisa Metuh joins APC, says ‘PDP abandoned me’
- BREAKING: Abia Governor Alex Otti, Sokoto Govt Officials Visit Nnamdi Kanu At Sokoto Prison
- Lagos Police Identify Officer Involved In Viral Assault Of Bus Conductor, Launch Investigation
- NDLEA uncovers illicit drugs packaged as Christmas cookies
- ADC Criticises Tinubu’s Ambassadorial List, Warns Ex-INEC Chairman Yakubu’s Appointment Threatens Electoral Credibility
- US Spy Plane Conducts Reconnaissance Over Borno To Monitor ISWAP Under Nigeria Military Deal, Expert Says
- ‘Sylva’s Children under siege’, Aide raises alarm
- Video Shows Aftermath Of Bandit Attack On Kogi Cherubim & Seraphim Church, Abduction Of Pastor, Other Worshippers
Leave a Reply