The Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal on Wednesday said President Bola Tinubu cannot be disqualified on the basis of his forfeiture of drug money in the United States.
The court said Mr Tinubu was previously cleared by the Nigeria Police Force of any criminal issues in the U.S., which came through an enquiry the police had made to the U.S. law enforcement.
The court said Mr Tinubu has been able to enter and exit the U.S., and that means he has no criminal case.
READ ALSO:
- Nigerian Air Force Says Airstrikes Wiped Out Katsina Terror Enclaves, Stopped ISWAP/Boko Haram Attack In Borno
- 10 African countries affected as Trump orders Green Card review [Full List]
- Olisa Metuh joins APC, says ‘PDP abandoned me’
- BREAKING: Abia Governor Alex Otti, Sokoto Govt Officials Visit Nnamdi Kanu At Sokoto Prison
- Lagos Police Identify Officer Involved In Viral Assault Of Bus Conductor, Launch Investigation
- NDLEA uncovers illicit drugs packaged as Christmas cookies
- ADC Criticises Tinubu’s Ambassadorial List, Warns Ex-INEC Chairman Yakubu’s Appointment Threatens Electoral Credibility
- US Spy Plane Conducts Reconnaissance Over Borno To Monitor ISWAP Under Nigeria Military Deal, Expert Says
- ‘Sylva’s Children under siege’, Aide raises alarm
- Video Shows Aftermath Of Bandit Attack On Kogi Cherubim & Seraphim Church, Abduction Of Pastor, Other Worshippers
Leave a Reply