
The Nigerian Army on Wednesday released 1,009 ex-Boko Haram terrorists , who had been in military custody at Giwa Barracks in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital.
According to the Punch, the former terrorists were handed over to the Borno State Government in a secret ceremony that was initially billed to take place at an earlier date but was suspended indefinitely by the military authorities at the wake of the appointment of the new COAS.
YOU MAY LIKE:
- Gov Diri Warns Wike’s Supporters, Says Bayelsa’s Security Won’t Be Compromised For Rallies
- Senators Serve Akpabio Tea At Home; He Runs Senate Like Personal Empire —Senator Abbo
- Woman Kills Sister With Cutlass, Leaves Mother, Niece Fighting For Lives In Enugu, Says ‘I Was Possessed’
- JUST IN: Umahi orders opening of Independence bridge after Lagos traffic chaos
- Nigeria’s Central Bank Debunks Reports Of New ₦5,000, ₦10,000 Notes
According to sources in the army, the ex-terrorists were handed over to the Commissioner for Women Affairs and Social Development, Hajiya Zuwaira Gambo, who represented the state government at the event.
The officer said, “The army handed 1,009 Boko Haram insurgents to the state government today (Wednesday). It was done in secret. We were warned us not to allow journalists to the venue.”
Efforts to reach the Army Public Relations Officer, Operation Hadin Kai, Col. Ado Isa, proved abortive.
Gambo did not reply to a text message to her phone too.
Leave a Reply