The Lagos State Police Command has debunked the news doing the rounds that a 14-year-old girl was hit and k*lled by a police bullet at the venue of the Yoruba Nation Mega Rally in Ojota area of the state.
The lifeless body of the 14-year-old girl was reportedly discovered in front of her mother’s shop, about 15 to 20 meters from where the Police team was with her stomach and wrist reportedly perforated by a bullet.
YOU MAY LIKE:
- 45-Year-Old ‘Fake Philanthropist’ Arrested In Enugu, 18 Fraudulently Obtained Rice Bags Recovered
- Presidential Guards Brigade Placed On High Alert Over Suspicions Of Coup Plot In Nigeria; Key Brigades Under Watch As Commander Holds Emergency Meetings With Tinubu, Gbajabiamila
- BREAKING: Tinubu holds crucial meeting with Dangote, Elumelu, others
- Police arrest car thief in Nasarawa
- BREAKING: FCT Minister Of State’s Residence On Fire
However, the Command, in a statement signed by its Spokesperson Saturday, CSP Muyiwa Adejobi, debunked the rumour describing the news as “false” and “mischievous”
“The Command hereby wishes to debunk the rumour and state categorically that it’s a calculated attempt to create confusion and fears in the minds of the good people of Lagos State and the country at large.
The Command did not fire a single live bullet at Ojota rally today. The said corpse was found wrapped and abandoned at a distance, far from Ojota venue of the rally, behind MRS Filling Station, inward Maryland, on the other side of the venue, with dried blood stains suggesting that the corpse is not fresh. After a close look at the corpse, a wound suspectedly sustained from a sharp object was seen on it,” the statement reads.