Stop TB Partnership Nigeria is a multi-stakeholder partnership dedicated to complement the efforts of the government and other stakeholders to end the tuberculosis (TB) epidemic in Nigeria. It fulfils its mandate by advocating for increased political commitment, support and resources that such a significant challenge deserves. Its membership comprises of government, multilateral and bilateral organizations, development partners, private sector, academia, professional associations, civil society organisations, media and persons affected by TB. The National Secretariat is located in Abuja and it is responsible for managing day-to-day activities and implementing programs of the Partnership.
As part of efforts to improve its performance and effectiveness, the Partnership is seeking applications from qualified persons at the National Secretariat for the position of:
Job Title: I.T Officer
- The Information Technology Officer is responsible for managing communication and social media platforms of the Partnership.
- He/She will be responsible for social marketing, website management, provide technical support, disseminate and share relevant contents and ensure regular upgrades and improvements on the IT infrastructure.
- Manages the websites and other communication and social media platforms;
- Information dissemination on all communication social media platforms;
- Proper linkage and interaction of communication platforms of the Partnership, partners and other key stakeholders;
- Periodic creation of campaigns for social media audience across platforms;
- Site designs, content, functionality and navigation, along with audience funnels and data capture points;
- Design and content creation of the Partnership Newsletter;
- Setup and management of Teleconferencing sessions and virtual meetings.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities;
- Strategically edit and manage content periodically on all our social media platforms;
- Conduct trainings for other staff on IT issues;
- Regular backups of the software data and files;
- Regular troubleshooting, technical diagnoses of hardware and software and implements corrective action;
- Perform any other tasks necessary for effective functioning of the Secretariat and the Partnership as assigned by the Executive Secretary;
- Reports to the Executive Secretary.
- First degree or HND in Information Technology, Computer Science and other related fields with at least 5 years work experience.
- Post graduate and/or professional qualifications in relevant fields will be an added advantage.
- Applicants must also be knowledgeable in the use of relevant media and communication software and applications.
Other Competencies Required for all the Positions:
- Computer Literate
- Teamwork and Result Oriented
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good Communication and Inter-personal relationship
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Applicants must not be older than 40 years as at the last birthday.
- The National Secretariat is based in Abuja and all staff will be required to work from this location.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a one-page letter of Application and Resume / Curriculum Vitae to: jobs@StopTBNigeria.org using “Surname, Middle Name and First Name, Position being applied for e.g. Nnamdi Oluwabunmi Shehu – I.T Officer” as the subject of the email.
- Any application submitted after the deadline will be automatically disqualified.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for subsequent screening process.
Leave a Reply